Optimising your stencils- mini art journal
Hello there and welcome in 2020! I am so lucky to be here again, in Lindy’s team and today why not try something very easy? Little color, little stencilling and stamping and little colouring with Lindy’s Gang.
As you can see this is not a very complicated page- all my embellishments are actually in boxes, ready for our move out. I have my Lindy’s products at hand and with that I was working mostly on this project.
The idea is very easy- some background color, some stamped image (Frieda Kahlo by Aall & Create), some colouring and the sentiment at the end.
- add some water to the page and then add the colors: Curiouser Chartreuse and Danny Zuko’s Denim
- put on the paint a stencil and remove some of the paint by wiping it off through stencil with the baby wipe
- add some stamping
- dip other stencil in some of Lindy’s colors spread on the work surface and “stamp it” onto the page
- on a separate piece of paper (I use mixed media paper by Canson) I stamped Fireda’s image and then I colored it with Lindy’s Gang sprays by dipping the brush in the bottle of paint. I used: Raspberry Lemonade, Salt Water Taffy, Yellow Roe of Texas,Poppin’ Pink, Delphinium Turquoise, Bombshell Black,
- last step was to glue the image to the page and add some sentiments
Some of the close ups:
Link to my process video:
Lindy’s Gang products used:
- Flat Fabio: Danny Zuko’s Denim, Raspberry Lemonade, Poppin’ Pink, Curiouser Charterouse
- Starbursts:Bombshell Black,Yellow Rose of Texas, Delphinum Turquoise, Salt Water Taffy
AB Studio stamp #339, L’encre et l’image stencil, Jet Black Archival Ink, Aall & Create stamp #184, Canson mixed media paper, Jane Davenport journal sticker, Uni Pink Fineline pen 01,
Thank you for watching!
Big, crafty hugs,