Christmas tags in white
Hello lovely people,
I am back on the More Mixed Media Challenge blog today with a set of Christmas tags in white. Hoping we all gonna have a beautiful, snow-covered and white holidays:)
- As a base I used white cardstock, but I worked mainly on the black cardstock which was later glued onto the white one.
- I started with splatter done with small brush and the paint used to do so was PaperArtsy Fresco Finish Chalk Acrylics- Snowflake. It splattered beautifully onto the dark surface and when later sprayed with water, it made this chalky big splashes- I was so much in love with them that I actually consider for a moment to just leave it like that:)
- After drying I used Tim Holtz’ die (Alternation Thinlits ,660220) and cover it with Versa Color white ink and used it as a stamp. Sure, the stamped image is not as clear as when you use your regular stamps, but that was also my purpose- to do sth fluidy and dreamy, like in a snow-covered scenery. That’s also a great additional use of your dies:)
- From the white cardstock I die-cut snowflakes and wintery branches- they are both by Tim Holtz (Thinlits, 661599 & 660058). Few of them I covered with Soft Gloss Gel by Finnabair and sprinkled on them some Deco Ice.
- At the bottom of the tags I glues some Deco Snow by Fabrika Decoru and added more dimensional splatter to the tags with Ayyeda Ink White by 13@rts.
- Before gluing the tags to the white base, I covered the edges of that base with the same medium gel and sprinkled some black glitter on it. Glued both part with 3D tape, added white and silver ribbon, few embellishments and the tags are ready. Oh, I can’t forget about the sentiments taken from 7 Dots Studio word stickers collection- Yuletide- great sentiments for Christmas.
Have a look at the photos and I hope you’ll like it and take part in our December challenge with optional white on More Mixed Media Challenge blog!